To make food last longer and taste better, through it in the fridge, right? Not according to PureWow.com. They have come up with 9 different types of food that should not be refrigerated.
1. Butter – This can last up to 2 days on the counter, use smaller portions if you don’t use a lot of butter.
2. Melons – Uncut melons need to ripen, therefore, need to be left out.
3. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are best left out until they begin to soften, and then should be put in the fridge.
4. Potatoes – Putting potatoes in the fridge will cause the starch to turn into sugar. Potatoes have a long shelf life in a dark and cool place.
5. Onions – Onions also have a long shelf life if kept in a cool and dark place.
6. Bread – Bread will stay like new for up to a week in a bread box. If that’s not long enough, consider breaking your loaf of bread into thirds, keeping one out and freezing the other two.
7. Honey – Cold temperatures cause crystals to form in Honey, making it difficult to use.
8. Coffee – Ground beans can absorb the scent of other foods. No thanks. Store in the pantry or again, throw in the freezer.
9. Basil – Putting basil in the fridge will cause it to wilt. With the wonderfully delicious scent that basil has, why not leave it out on the counter in some water? Use it when your ready and enjoy the aroma in the meantime.
Read another recipe: Apodaca’s Appetite: Mexican Tortilla Lasagna Recipe
For more details and images, check out the original article: 9 Foods You Shouldn’t Refrigerate